Nov 24, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

Where do I even begin? I have so much to be thankful for. I feel so blessed to have a loving husband and beautiful son. I am also reminded to be grateful for all of the "little things" (that really aren't so little): a roof over my head, clothes on my back and (of course) food on the table.

This year my Thanksgiving menu was simple. With no family nearby and friends out of town, we spent the afternoon together just the three of us. It was perfect and made the usual stress of cooking a holiday meal absolutely - dare I say - enjoyable. All the food turned out so satisfying and delicious, I wanted to share.

Did you use your handy meat thermometer? It's the only way to know for sure the bird is done.


One thing is for sure: I never seem to get used to preparing a turkey. It's pretty simple, I know. But the prep work just grosses me out. Thankfully, the final product is so yummy and satisfying, I forget all that unpleasantness.  




Pumpkin Pie using recipe on Trader Joes organic canned pumpkin and pie crust from Simply Recipes.


There were also dinner rolls using Pizza Dough by Giada but I wasn't able to take a picture before the boys got to them. The best part of the day was spending time with my family. We even broke out the Christmas decorations at the end of dinner. I'm pretty sure Will thought the lights were the best part of the evening.

Seeing the world from his perspective makes me thankful for life, love and our precious times together.

No comments:

Post a Comment