Some of my favorite sites are created by Registered Dietitians, a group of professionals that I know provide reliable, science-based nutrition advice. These - and others - constantly interest, challenge and motivate me to live healthy even when I'm not feeling it.
Here are a few of my current favorites:
- Always inspiring, Dietitian on the Run motivates me to break out my Nike's and go for a jog. How could I not after reading about her recent Marine Corps Marathon finish of 3 hrs 38 min? Wow!
- For healthy, tasty recipe ideas, I turn to the other dietitian named Tiffany.
- Thank you USDA for MyPlate, a much more user friendly visual of how we should eat.
- To keep cooking interesting, I use Pinterest to collect my favorite recipes and then adjust to make them healthier.
- When I'm feeling bored with my workout regimen, I like to checkout Oxygen Magazine's website for new exercise ideas.
- And finally, this visual I saw on Pinterest helps me remember that it is ALWAYS possible to out-eat what you burn in the gym. Translation: even if you exercise regularly, try not to reward yourself too often with treats that are high in fat, sugar and calories. Instead, make healthy eating a priority and save the treats for rare occasions.