Nov 17, 2011

In Love With Fall & A Great Salad

I'm totally in love with the Nor Cal version of Fall. I feel like we're soul mates. It's fresh, cool, crisp, and just BEGS you to wear cozy sweaters and Uggs. Not since I lived in the midwest have I seen trees this color...


Holy crap. Seriously? I'm in love.


Ok, back to business. Food business. Let's talk green healthy things. You need more of them in your life, am I right? I have an easy, delicious way to increase your daily dose of green vegetables. My friend made this great Persian-inspired salad at a dinner party a few weeks ago. It was so tasty and simple, I knew I had to have the recipe. Thankfully, she was nice enough to share it so I can pass on some green-love to you.

After she gave me the recipe, I made it WAY to many times. I still love it. The whole recipe just screams FRESH. Lemony dressing, cool mint, and salty feta make this a perfectly savory afternoon lunch or dinner salad.

I also like to add grilled chicken or garbanzo beans to up the protein. Oh, and eaten with flatbread? Don't even get me started! This is my life.


Lemony Romaine Salad with Mint and Feta
 
Ingredients (single serving):
  • 1 cup baby romaine salad mix
  • feta cheese crumbles (I used about 1/8 cup)
  • handful of cucumber slices
  • 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • dried mint leaves
  • salt & pepper
Preparation:
Put salad in bowl, sprinkle with feta, cucumber and dried mint. Squeeze fresh lemon juice and drizzle olive oil over salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Mix it up and enjoy.

Oh, and you may have noticed some changes to the blog design. I'm trying to decide what layout and design I really want, but there are so many options! So, I'm still deciding. Hope the changes are not too distracting!

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment