Feb 24, 2012

It Finally Happened....

This post has nothing to do with food. No recipes. No nutrition talk. Today I'm talking real-life parenting.

Real life like insisting on doing a puzzle while wearing an animal cracker container as a hat. Seriously.


You know that moment when you're completely overwhelmed with handling tantrums, whining and complete and utter very public parent-embarrassment? Yeah, it happened to me...it finally happened. I'm not talking mom just feels a little impatient. I'm talking mom full-on gives it up and cries. In a parking lot. At the library. No joke. I can't make this stuff up.

Of course it comes during the week that my husband was out of town. At first I felt like it would be totally fine. The 2 year old and I would just hang out while dad's away, right? Wrong. All of the sudden, the dreaded "terrible 2's" started manifesting and I was clearly at a loss. Add to that pregnancy hormones? Score looks something like "Terrible 2's: 1, Mom: 0". Face palm.

I share my grief not to whine, but to encourage other mom's and dad's that it happens to all of us and it's okay. That's what my wonderful friend told me (thank you again!) and that's what I'm sharing with you. As much as we do to "prepare" for parenthood (all the books, DVD's and parenting website blah blah blah), in reality it's a learn-as-you-go endeavor. One that includes lot's of smiles and definitely a few tears.

If you have your own story to add, please share. What's a blog without some real-life chat?

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate and I can't even blame pregnancy hormones! ;)

    ReplyDelete