Jan 5, 2013

Baked Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken

Despite spending most of Christmas and New Years sick, I still enjoyed the holidays. After all, we were in So Cal. Who can argue with sandy beaches and clear skies? Certainly not me. 


Now that we're back home, I'm trying to get back into the routine of planning meals. I fell off the meal planning train once James was born, but now I'm ready to get back into it. One of my favorite resources for meal ideas is pinterest. Is anyone else obsessed besides me?

Is it totally normal to go pin-crazy, then forget to make/do/recreate most of it? That's me.

In the spirit of not letting any good recipe go to waste, I'm going to actually start making more of the recipes I pin.

This baked garlic brown sugar chicken recipe is all over pinterest. It's super yummy, yet as simple as simple can be. Are you ready? Three ingredients. Seriously. It's kind of a god send for a busy mom or someone who doesn't want to spend hours in the kitchen to make a great meal.

Three ingredients: Chicken, Garlic, Brown Sugar. Yes, please.


To keep it on the healthier side, I use lean chicken breast and didn't add any extra butter or oil. Just mince the garlic, mix with brown sugar and spread over chicken. Bake at 500F for about 20-30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. 

I paired it with some mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus and it was a hit with the family. Will, who usually refuses meat, gobbled this up. I'll be honest, I cleaned my plate too.

Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. i try this recipes once when i went to my husband neighborhood ,even attempted to cooking it (my mother inlaw thought me) well its very good tasting and very tasty meal indeed

    ReplyDelete