Nov 27, 2012

Have a Healthy Holiday

Did you indulge a little over Thanksgiving? I would be lying if I said I didn't eat an extra serving of turkey. An extra roll? Perhaps. Pumpkin pie? Absolutely! But thankfully, one meal of semi-indulgence doesn't reverse all my health efforts for the year. Big sigh of relief.


This year, the holidays come during a time when I'm trying to shed the last few baby pounds, so I really don't want to halt - or reverse - my progress. I've jogged a lot of miles and watched my portions too well to let holiday food get the best of me.

To help stay healthy during the holidays, I use a few tricks so my willpower isn't so maxed out. I mean, really. How many times can I say "no" before finally giving in? So I try to maintain a normal healthy lifestyle and save indulgences only for special occasions.


Here's the plan:
  1. Make time to sweat once a day.
  2. Eat small meals regularly throughout the day.
  3. At holiday parties, eat small portions of foods you really like. Don't waste calories on foods you don't love.
  4. Eat until you're satisfied, not full.
  5. Plan holiday activities that aren't food-centered (make a Christmas wreath, dough art decorations, play games, or take a walk to look at decorated homes).

How are you planning on staying healthy this holiday?

2 comments:

  1. With obesity predicted to affect more than 50 percent of the population in the next 40 years, the age of ‘fad diets’ and ‘quick weight loss’ has boomed to epic proportions. From the apple cider diet to the Quantum Wellness, to the 48 Hour Miracle diet, each of these weight loss programs all claim to promote immediate weight loss and increased vitality.
    This is simply not correct. Fruits, veggies, whole grain, nut products, dried beans as well as oils, many include proteins. Meats in fact has high levels of sodium, fat and salt, particularly in red meat which is not so healthy due to its high levels of cholesterol. Whole grain, nuts, oils, and dried beans in fact onsist of more proteins than in meat products. Your own body requires at least 25 grams of protein per day ,so it is obvious you do not haveto eat only meat to obtain your day-to-day allowance.
    lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Affordable Arizona health insurance and Medicare plans. Get quotes from Blue Cross, United HealthCare, more. Health insurance plans available through Lehrman Group include Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Cigna, United HealthCare's Golden Rule and AARP, HealthNet, Aetna, Humana and more.
    health insurance tucson

    ReplyDelete