Jul 25, 2011

Nutrition For Your Face

A healthy diet helps your skin look and feel great. When I became interested in nutrition as a teenager, I remember making the conscious decision to start eating healthier. Specifically, I tried to eat more fruits and veggies, leaner cuts of meat and more whole grains. Like most teenagers, lets just say my skin wasn't perfect! VERY far from it. However, after I started eating healthier foods, I noticed a significant improvement in my skin, which of course motivated me to continue the habit.




While healthy foods are certainly good for your body on the inside, they're also good for the outside too! Recently, I've been testing some new face and body scrubs recipes and I thought it would be fun to share one. Homemade scrubs are so easy to make and the ingredients are probably already in your pantry. The best part is that it's totally affordable and made from natural ingredients. No bizzare chemicals, just healthy, good-for-you things! Here is a super easy recipe that you can totally make tonight...


Honey Face Scrub
Adapted from Facial Scrubs

1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp olive oil
Optional: 1/2 tsp essential oil (I like lavender)


No comments:

Post a Comment