Apr 9, 2012

Insta-crack

My latest tech-obsession is instagram, or as my friend appropriately calls it "insta-crack". I know, I'm a little behind the curve on this trend. I initially wasn't really into it, but after some prompting I decided to give it another try. Success! It's totally addictive, which is both a blessing and a curse. Yay for mom having an outlet to decompress. Boo for being glued to my iphone. Yes, I'm becoming THAT person. 

For April, instagram has a photo-a-day challenge that includes prompts. Many of them have either been directly food-related or I have made them food-related. Here are a few of my instagram food pics that also happen to be my current favorite recipes (thank you Pinterest).

Sweet Potato Hash from Cookin' Canuck


Artichoke Pasta Bake from Budget Bytes


This last recipe is my own. We do pizza night every Saturday and this one definitely won me some mom-points. I spread the dough out thin and go light on the cheese so the calories aren't outrageous. Pair it with a side salad, and we call that dinner!

Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Pizza 
(see recipe below)


Ingredients:
  • Whole wheat pizza dough
  • Pizza Sauce 
  • Low-fat Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
  • Red Peppers, chopped
  • Goat Cheese
  • Dried Oregano
  • Dried Basil
  • Garlic Powder
  • Salt
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425 F. 

Saute chopped bell peppers in about a teaspoon of olive oil. Roll out pizza dough and place on pan greased with a little Pam. Spread on pizza sauce, top with shredded mozzarella cheese, sauteed bell peppers, goat cheese and dried oregano, basil and garlic. Sprinkle with a little salt. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment