Nov 7, 2011

Motivation Monday

Hello people! Motivation Monday is back because....it's Monday! And who doesn't need a little pep talk to start the week strong?

My motivation tid-bit for you has to do with aging. What?! Yep, healthy aging. It's good stuff. Trust me.

In my dietitian world, I see a lot of sick patients in the hospital and the nursing home. These people are ill for many reasons and oftentimes their illnesses were created or made worse from poor lifestyle choices such as an unhealthy diet and a sedentary lifestyle. Yes, a variety of factors influence overall health: genetics, stress, environmental factors, etc. However, eating habits and activity levels also play a dramatic role.

Each time I go to work, I remember that eating healthy and living an active lifestyle isn't about fitting into a cute pair of jeans. That's nice too, of course! But eating more broccoli and limiting your sweets doesn't just help you look better, it promotes quality of life both now and as you age.

So if you want to be on the healthy older adult train, be a healthy younger adult! This week, eat a few more fruits and veggies each day, save the sweets for a special occasion and get some exercise.

My motivation to age healthy? A big one is to be a healthy mommy for my little bumble bee.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment